Plan Your Vote SA Elections

Military & Overseas Voting

Bexar County registered voters who are temporarily out of the country and wish to vote, may complete the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). This type of application is limited to:

The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) is a form provided by federal law to permit members of the U.S. Armed Forces and Merchant Marines, their dependents, and U.S. citizens abroad to vote early by mail and, if necessary, to temporarily register to vote.

Request a Ballot

Fill out and file your FPCA (Federal Postcard Application) as soon as possible but no later than the 11th day before Election Day.

Receive Your Ballot

Receive your ballot or use the FWAB (Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot).

You can track your ballot, here

Complete and Send in Your Ballot

Vote and send back your ballot as soon as you receive it. Check the deadline for your ballot based on your state. MPS also has recommended mailing dates.

Military and Overseas Voting

If you requested your ballot but haven’t received it, contact your election office to ask about the status of your ballot request.

If there isn’t enough time to receive and send back your ballot before the election, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB).

It works like a backup ballot. If your official absentee ballot arrives after sending in the FWAB, fill out and send in the official ballot too. Only one will be counted.

If you will be in Bexar County during the election, you can learn more about the process, here.

Ways to cast your ballot

Local Mail

If you have a reliable mail service to the United States, put your ballot in the mail with appropriate international postage.

U.S. Embassy Diplomatic Pouch

You or another person can drop off your ballot request (FPCA) or completed ballot at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate for return to the United States. It must be addressed to your local election officials and have sufficient U.S. postage, or be in a postage-paid envelope. A postage-paid envelope is available on the FVAP website. Contact the U.S. embassy voting assistance officer or visit the embassy’s website for specific instructions.

Fax Your Ballot

Important! To return your ballot by fax you must be serving in an area designated as a combat zone by the President of the U.S. 

  • If you choose to fax your ballot, you must also fax an absentee affidavit.
  • Fax number for voted ballots: (660) 248-9810.
Email Your Ballot

To return your ballot by email you must be serving in an area designated as a combat zone by the President of the U.S. or eligible for hostile fire/imminent danger pay. If you choose to email you ballot, you must also email an absentee affidavit.